Chicano Latino Alumni Scholarship
The application period for the 2018/19 UCR Chicano Latino Alumni Scholarship has closed. If you have already submitted your application, you will be notified of your status by the scholarship review committee by mid-November.
Chicano Latino Alumni (CLA) has established a scholarship program to recognize the academic and community achievements of students at UCR. Each award will vary depending on the scholarship.
- $500 Book Scholarship (To be dispersed via the Chicano Student Programs office and subject to restrictions)*
- $1,000 Undergraduate Scholarship Award**
- $2,000 Graduate Scholarship Award**
*All textbooks purchased with the book grant shall be returned to Chicano Student Programs, Textbook Lending Library, at the end of the quarter/course series. Failure to return textbooks will result in disqualification of future scholarships and book grants.
** Number of awards dependent upon fundraising limits.
Only complete application packets will be accepted. Each packet must include:
- Personal statement
- Two professional and/or personal letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (see application for details)
All materials must be delivered in one envelope. Letters of recommendation and transcripts cannot be emailed or sent separately.
- Do transcripts need to be official?
A: Transcripts can be unofficial.
- Do the letters of recommendation need to have an original “wet” signature?
A: Letters of recommendation can be copies of a signed original.
- Can I apply for more than one scholarship?
A: You may check off and apply to multiple scholarships on the application.