The UCR Alumni Association Board of Directors is a dedicated group of volunteers that establish association policy, review programs, and provide feedback and suggestions to the university administration.
UCR Alumni Association Board of Directors Statement of Expectations and Responsibilities
- Promote the vision, mission, goals and objectives of the UCR Alumni Association on and off campus. Enhance the relationships between UCR and its alumni through services and programs.
- Assist the university in its quest for excellence.
- Degreed alumnus/alumna of UC Riverside
- Be a member in good standing of the UCR Alumni Association for a minimum of two years.
- Attend quarterly board of directors’ meetings. Meetings are usually held in November, February and May from 3 – 6 p.m.
- Attend annual summer board of directors’ retreat; typically held Friday evening through Saturday afternoon.
- Serve on and participate in the quarterly meetings for at least one standing committee of the board and on task forces as assigned.
- Support the mission of the UCR Alumni Association and carry out its priorities.
- Represent the alumni body at-large and serve as a liaison between the university and the alumni community.
- Provide guidance and direction that ensures the association remains a dynamic and efficient organization.
- Promote UCR Alumni Association membership to alumni who are not members.
- Commit to annual financial support of UCR that might include gifts to the UCR Alumni Association Scholarship Endowment or other UCR philanthropic programs.
- Serve as an advocate / ambassador for UC Riverside.
- Attend the Chancellor’s Dinner.
- Attend two additional association and/or university events (such as, but not limited to; homecoming, SAA career conferences, chapter activities, dinners with alumni, etc.)
- Attend board meetings and any special board or task force meetings that might be called. Directors with unexcused absences from any two meetings of the board over the course of the fiscal year shall be excused from service.
- Board members are expected to underwrite their own participation including transportation and lodging. The association provides meals and parking for board meetings.
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
- Do not use membership on the board for personal gain.
Serve for a two-year term, renewable up to three consecutive terms without having to reapply.