Tell YOUR Highlander Story Through the Oral History Project
As UC Riverside approaches 70-year anniversary, we want to hear from you about YOUR Highlander story. With more than 143,000 alumni, it would take many years to meet with each of you individually. That's why we have embarked on a new project called Highlander Stories - Oral History Project to collect stories from alumni like you. These stories will be preserved in a book that celebrates the impact UCR has had on your lives and who you are today.
Have You Moved?
As part of the project, we are also taking this opportunity to help make it easier for you to stay connected to UC Riverside. Publishing Concepts Inc. (PCI) will help us collect updated contact information from those of you who may have moved and lost touch with your alma mater.
What Story Should I Tell?
Here are a few ideas to start:
- Is there a defining moment at UC Riverside that helped you shape your future?
- Were you a part of a student org or athletics team?
- Are you still in contact with friends or roommates you had on campus?
- Did you meet your spouse or significant other at UC Riverside?
- Is there a faculty or staff member who impacted your life?
If you haven't already, you will receive a postcard and email (from firstname.lastname@example.org) from PCI on our behalf:
- An invitation to update and verify your contact information to strengthen our UCR Alumni network, and to keep you updated on UCR events and important information.
- An invitation to share your UCR story. PCI has a dedicated team ready to record your stories. Just give them a direct call using the number that appears on the email and postcard on a day and time that works best for you.
If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated UC Riverside line at 1-866-579-9587.
PCI will be collecting stories starting December 8, 2023 - June 7, 2024. After that, they will enter a post-production phase editing the data and compiling the stories. We hope to have the book distributed in December 2024/ January 2025.
What to Look Out For:
Below is an image of a postcard you will receive in the mail. This is an official postcard from UCRAA, distributed by our partner PCI. Once you receive the postcard, please follow the instructions to update your information and set up an interview time to share your Highlander Story.
You will also receive emails from PCI with our branding and colors. This is an email that we have partnered with them to send.