Student Engagement Opportunities
Help UCR’s Future Alumni
The UCR Alumni Association offers alumni many ways to get involved such as participating in the selection of freshman scholarship recipients and recruiting new UCR talent. The association also supports the Student Alumni Association (SAA), a robust, student run organization that strives to connect students with alumni in meaningful ways. SAA offers students opportunities to make career contacts and provides students with the opportunity to network with alumni.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Quarterly conferences in which alumni are brought onto campus to speak with students. Conferences in Medicine and Business are held on the UCR campus.
- Want to help students looking to go into the fields of health and medicine? We’re looking for professionals to participate in our upcoming Career Exploration Conference focusing on health & medicine on October 28, 2017. The conference provides an opportunity for students considering a career in health and/or medicine to hear from alumni professionals already working in the field. Alumni with careers in theses fields are invited to serve on panels. Topics may include: optometry, podiatry, physical therapy, dentistry, pharmacy, physician’s assistants, ER/trauma, psychiatry, internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, and anesthesiology.
- Want to help students looking to go into the business field? We’re looking for professionals in the to participate in our upcoming Career Exploration Conference focusing on the field of business on January 27, 2018. The conference provides an opportunity for students considering a career in business to hear from alumni professionals already working in the field. Alumni with careers in business are invited to serve on panels. Topics may include: accounting, finance, human resources, and marketing.
- For more information, email Roberta Watson.
Student Alumni Mentorship Program (SAM)
- Student Alumni Mentorship Program (SAM): Students are paired with alumni in their field of interest. Time commitment is minimal and communication between mentor and protégé is determined by the two participants and can be done via email, phone, or face to face meetings.
- Sign up to volunteer for the Student Alumni Mentorship Program
Dinners with Alumni (DWA)
- Once per quarter 20-30 students sit down for a meal with alumni in various professions. Events are held at the Alumni & Visitors Center on the UCR campus.
- For more information and to sign up for the Dinners with Alumni click here.
Student Recruitment Events
- Meet with prospective UCR students and encourage the next generation of Highlanders to apply to UCR!
- To volunteer for a student recruitment event in your area contact Roberta Watson.
Scholarship Selection Committee (CA Residents Only)
- Want to make a difference in the life of a potential student? The UCR Alumni Association provides scholarships for incoming freshman. Every year, committees from all over California meet to review applications and interview high school students.
- To volunteer for a Scholarship Selection Committee fill out an interest form.