Highlander Day of Service Social Media Postings
Don’t forget to post pictures and video on social media with the hashtags #HDoS2018 and #UCRAlumni.
Additionally, as a recap of this year’s event and to help promote the significance of Highlander Day of Service for future years, we would like to ask for your help in taking video and pictures and sending them to us. Be creative. Have fun. And help us show how being a Highlander and helping the community is awesome.
Here are some suggested picture and video viewpoints:
*Please note that if you are taking pictures or video with minors under the age of 18, they will need to fill out a waiver*
- Group volunteer pictures with a great background
- Action shots of the service (planting, shoveling, washing, etc.)
- Before and after shots (if cleaning or beautifying a location)
- Pictures in front of signs that would identify the location or area that you are at
- If completing a service with the community, pictures with those you are helping
Video : 10 second videos
- Action videos of completing the service
- Shout outs from volunteers with: who you are, where you are, what you are doing and why you participated
- Be Creative! Some examples:
- Time lapse videos or slow-motion videos
- View from inside of the trash can and throwing trash in
- Close up shots of the waves crashing on the sand if at a beach clean-up
- Video that would identify the location you are at
- Video of having fun with fellow alumni, parents, staff and the community
Please send all video files and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 25. They can just be sent as attachments. Please make sure to note your service project location in the email.