Board of Directors
UCR Alumni Association Board of Directors
The UCR Alumni Association serves to preserve and promote the relationships between UCR and all its alumni. Through its various services and programs, the Association represents alumni and assists the University in its quest for excellence. The UCR Alumni Association Board of Directors is a dedicated group of volunteers which establishes Association policy, reviews programs, and provides feedback and suggestions to the University administration.
The Association is always accepting applications for its Board of Directors. Alumni interested in serving on the Board are encouraged to apply.
- Degreed alumnus/alumna of the University of California, Riverside.
- Be a member in good standing (preferably a life member) of the UCR Alumni Association.
- Complete application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are due December 31, 2016 to be considered for terms beginning in July 2017. (Applications received after this date will be keep on file should any vacancies occur during the course of the year. The Nominations Committee meets annually in February. All applicants will be notified in March of the Committee’s decision. Terms officially begin July 1.)
Requirements of Board Members
- Attend quarterly board of directors’ meetings. Meetings are usually held in November, February and May from 3 – 6 p.m.
- Attend annual summer board of directors’ retreat; typically held Friday evening through Saturday afternoon.
- Serve on and participate in the quarterly meetings for at least one standing committee of the board and on task forces as assigned.
Expectations of Board Members
- Support the mission of the UCR Alumni Association and carry out its priorities.
- Represent the alumni body at-large and serve as a liaison between the university and the alumni community.
- Provide guidance and direction that ensures the association remains a dynamic and efficient organization.
- Promote UCR Alumni Association membership to alumni who are not members.
- Commit to annual financial support of UCR that might include gifts to the UCR Alumni Association Scholarship Endowment or other UCR philanthropic programs.
- Serve as an advocate / ambassador for UC Riverside.
- Attend the Chancellor’s Dinner.
- Attend two additional association and/or university events (such as, but not limited to; homecoming, SAA career conferences, chapter activities, dinners with alumni, etc.)
Meeting Attendance and Conduct
- Attend board meetings and any special board or task force meetings that might be called. Directors with unexcused absences from any two meetings of the board over the course of the fiscal year shall be excused from service.
- Board members are expected to underwrite their own participation including transportation and lodging. The association provides meals and parking for board meetings.
Conflict of Interest
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
- Do not use membership on the board for personal gain.
Term of Office
- Serve for a two-year term, renewable up to three consecutive terms without having to reapply.
2016-18 UCR Alumni Association Board of Directors
|Officers 2016- 2018||Directors 2016 - 2018||Directors 2015 - 2017||Standing Representatives|
|President - Kenneth R. Noller '75, T.C. '76, M.A. '84||Raymond Cruz '85||Josefina Canchola ' 88||Vice Chancellor University Advancement - Peter Hayashida|
|President-Elect - Jeffrey S. Krynski '81||Patricia Lock Dawson '88||Otis Greer '90||Executive Director - Jorge Ancona|
|Secretary-Treasurer - Randy Olson '89||Val Gribkoff, Ph.D. '83||Alyssa Heckmann '13||Faculty Representative - Sharon B. Duffy, M.A. '79, Ph.D. '86|
|Immediate Past President - Daniel Kim '89||Anna Lo '00||Barbara Kerr '68||ASUCR Representative - Shafi Karim|
|Daniel Morales, M.A. '77||Craig Marshall '95||GSA Representative - Lewis Luartz '11, M.Ed. '12|
|Dean Parson '92||David Rapaport '74, Ph.D. '80||SAA Representative - Christian Agatep|
|Allan Schwartz '74||Steve Shuman '75|
|E. Dollie Totaro Wolverton '57||Delilah Stemke '73|
|Tony Yang '03, Ph.D. '16|